Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
Recognized to British Columbia Chapter for:
Civil/Commercial Mediation & Arbitration
Other ADR Services: ADR Training Services, Facilitation, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced: 2007
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2022): 600
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2022): 100
Jeffrey Hand has been a practicing lawyer and member of the Law Society of British Columbia since 1990 and he began mediating cases in 2007.
Mr. Hand has a broad range of experience in resolving a variety of commercial disputes, including construction related claims and professional liability matters, insurance, real estate claims, property damage, bodily injury, work place injuries, employment law, marine and transportation claims, commercial contracts, and product liability matters.
Mr. Hand holds the desingations of Chartered Mediator and Chartered Arbitrator, issued by the ADR Insitutute of Canada. In addition to being a member of the Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Mr. Hand is also a Disitinguished Fellow of the International Academy of Mediators. He has also been recognized by Who's Who Legal as a leading mediator internationally and in Canada since 2016.
As a mediator, I endeavour to create a safe, comfortable environment for the parties to engage in an exchange of information and viewpoints, with the goal of reaching a mutually agreeable settlement of their dispute. Having litigated legal disputes for many years prior to my mediation career, I undestand the value of a mediated settlement.
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Disability Claims
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas/Nuclear)
- Estates & Trusts
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Railroad & Trucking
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Rights
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Bachelor of Arts (English), University of Manitoba: 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba: 1989
- Called to the British Columbia Bar: 1990
Memberships & Affiliations
- C Med. - ADR Institute of Canada
- C Arb. - ADR Institute of Canada
- International Academy of Mediators, Distinguished Fellow
- Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Member
- Mediate BC - Roster mediator
- Safety Standards Appeal Board, Chair
- Environmental Appeal Board, Adjudicator
- Oil & Gas Appeal Tribunal, Adjudicator
- Forest Appeals Commission, Adjudicator
Rates vary depending on the type of case and number of parties involved.
Please call for details.